Lately, I’ve been working on the personal priorities in my life and I think they boil down to these 4 things: body, mind, spirit and soul. The reason that I list these as ‘personal priorities’ is because I think that relationships (God, family, friends, etc) are the most important priorities in life. Nevertheless, aligning your personal priorities is crucial to living a balanced life.
Here’s how I break down these priorities:
- Diet… healthy food choices, minimize junk food
- Exercise… cardio 3x/week, resistance training 2x/week
- Sleep… fight for 7 hours. Any less and I’m not firing on all cylinders
- Reading… Bible, books, blogs, magazines (leaders are readers)
- Training… invest in developing specific skills (speaking, writing, etc)
- Writing… blogging for now, hoping to write a book next year
- Discuss… meeting one on one with smart people makes me smarter
- Service… support my local church and serve in the community
- Dream… pursue passions and avoid mediocrity
- Community… spend time discussing spiritual matters with like-minded people
- Obey… listen to the small voice
- Rest… take a break from the busyness (I don’t do this well)
- Pray… allow God to rejuvenate my soul
- Share… prioritize the souls of others
These priorities are constantly in flux, but working on them regularly helps me stay focused.
If you enjoyed this post, [SUBSCRIBE] to the blog in the left side bar for a faster and easier way to see when new blogs are posted.